Post by Voidfeather on Oct 9, 2017 17:57:06 GMT -5
I was trying to convert an outfit from another game, sort of following Winglysimmer's video tutorial, but it just makes the entire sim disappear in CAS, and the outfit's icon is bunch of exploded pixels\textures\triangles.
I have probably tried everything and did everything I can think of: Created a brand new UV_1 (it exploded), deleted UV_1 (still exploded), created UV_1 again (you guessed it - still exploded), made sure the vertices don't have a ton of weight groups assigned to them. I did a weight transfer. I did vertex painting.
I cloned an item that only had 1 group so I wouldn't have to split it all up every time (basically a nude full-body mesh).
Could it be that the outfit is too high poly for TS4 to handle properly? It's almost 9000 vertices and a bit over 13000 polys in LOD0.
I don't really know what to do with it anymore.
Here's the package file and the latest .blend file:
Post by inabadromance on Oct 9, 2017 18:56:05 GMT -5
Hi! I'm not really sure why it'd make the rest of the body parts disappear. I would start the packages from scratch by cloning the item again. The weight and uv_1 looks a bit odd. Maybe it isn't that but i would re do those two things. Remember to use 2.70 for weight. And follow this video tutorial for uv_1.
The vertex paint isn't right either. Use this shade of hex green : 00FF04 and paint / set vertex colors in vertex paint mode.
---------------------<3 Please don't contact me via DM or elsewhere asking for assistance on matters that are being discussed on threads. It's better to keep the conversation in public so others can read and learn too. thanks!
Post by Voidfeather on Oct 10, 2017 3:12:32 GMT -5
Thank you for the quick response!
Should the vertex painting be green all over? Looking at Maxis clothing items, they are partially green, partially yellow, and green seems to be the 'skintight' color and yellow is the one that isn't affected by the sliders.
The UV_1 is a little messy because I used a data transfer modifier to make it, and used the Princess Leia robe as the source. I read in a thread here on s4s that UV_1 makes things explode if they are above a certain polycount though. I don't remember what thread it was though.
I'm remaking the package, using a different base item and also taking your notes into account. It has more cuts\groups and I can split the mesh up a little.
I will probably edit this post with the results.
EDIT: I'm not sure what I did but somewhere between using a different shade of green for vertex painting, cloning the mesh, and adjusting the weight painting and UV_1 the problem just disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared.
I'm sorry that I can't really provide more information for those who encounter a similar problem.
Also an additional note about vertex painting: it appears that YELLOW is actually the color that makes the clothing item change size with sliders, while green has the opposite effect.
If you are having problems seeing the CAPTCHA, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and ensure that you do not have any browser addons or extensions that interfere with the display of the CAPTCHA. Then, close the CAPTCHA window and click on the register button to open the CAPTCHA again.