Post by theplumbobarchitect on Mar 8, 2018 19:01:56 GMT -5
I wanted to make an add-on for the City Living brick walls, so I exported the original short, medium and tall texture and started recolouring them. When I went in-game to check the textures, I noticed that compared to the original texture, the recolours were extremely blurry. I thought it might be something I did wrong, so I made another package and exported the original texture again, and immediately importing it again. I did this with PNG first, which you can see in the picture below. I also did it with a DDS and that one was just as bad. Is there any way to avoid textures becoming so blurry when you export them from S4S? Or is there a way to extract them elsewhere so you end up with the true original?
(left is the original - not exported. right is the exported original)
Post by inabadromance on Mar 8, 2018 21:27:43 GMT -5
hi! can you share version of S4S you're using and the package?
---------------------<3 Please don't contact me via DM or elsewhere asking for assistance on matters that are being discussed on threads. It's better to keep the conversation in public so others can read and learn too. thanks!
Post by theplumbobarchitect on Mar 8, 2018 21:59:37 GMT -5
I'm using 22.214.171.124 Wishes (I hadn't updated it yet) and here's the package: simfil.es/471884/ (file removed) (: In the package the first swatch is the untouched original and the second is the one I re-imported.
Post by theplumbobarchitect on Mar 9, 2018 12:01:38 GMT -5
Little update after some testing: I updated my S4S version to the latest. Exported the same way I did before, but it showed the same results. Then I unticked Autoresize Textures and exported the original once again. I ticked Autoresize again and then imported the original texture. It's significantly less blurry but it's still not completely the same as the original. Then I imported it again but left the autoresize unticked and it's finally the same as the original. I will test it in-game to see if it all looks good there, but I think it will.
So it seems that this problem actually lies in the autoresize feature that was added recently.
If you are having problems seeing the CAPTCHA, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and ensure that you do not have any browser addons or extensions that interfere with the display of the CAPTCHA. Then, close the CAPTCHA window and click on the register button to open the CAPTCHA again.