I'm wondering if anyone who knows about this process could rewrite this tutorial more completely, in better english? I know it was suggested before and the response said to outline which parts I'm having trouble with instead of complaining, but I'm having trouble understanding a lot of this tutorial.
1. In step A-4 it says to double click "s4studio_mesh_1" after selecting the nude bottom to append, but I don't see it. I opened the skirt .blend file, shift+f1 to append, select the nude bottom, select objects and my options from here are Camera, Lamp, Lamp.001, Lamp.002, Lamp.003, and Lamp.004. Did I do something wrong when exporting the L0D meshes? I'm using Blender 2.78b.
2. It says that "cut number" is an important value but doesn't really explain how you would know what value to assign to whichever parts. A bit of an explanation would be helpful for people who are trying to learn or those who might try more difficult designs.
3. Most of the pictures are broken links. Pictures are crucial for us visual learners!
I haven't been able to get farther in the tutorial to find other problems since I'm stuck on an early step. This is the only tutorial like this I can find so that's why I'm asking if it can be made more clear. I read OM's tutorial on sheer fabric with the cool polka-dot sheer top, but the same technique doesn't work for skirts.
Last Edit: Feb 25, 2017 2:24:13 GMT -5 by sharkcar
sharkcar This tutorial was written by someone who's native language is not English. That is cleared out in the first part of the tutorial. Please be respectful, if there's problems like the ones you're having. We are here to help you. But the ungraful attitude you show for someone who had their time invested in writting this tutorial is not ok. Untraditional nerd was really kind in sharing this with us, as you said, there's not much places where you can find this tutorial, he could have just keep it to himself and you'd have no tutorial to start with...
Ok, so about the issues you're having:
1. This issue is most likely a incompatibility with Blender 2.78 and Harmony that some users are facing. If there's no object there it means that it never got exported. To fix this please remove Blender 2.78 and install either 2.70 or 2.76.
2. The cut number is what it shows S4S where to import each part of the mesh. Cloth meshes have different groups with different cut numbers. And when you're adding new geometry, like you do in this tutorial, you're creating a new group. So it needs to have a new cut number. That being said, you must know that this tutorial is meant to be for "advanced-medium" level of knowledge in creating. If you don't know what cut numbers are you shouldn't be jumping right into this tutorial. Check other beginners tutorials about meshing and you'll find your answer very well explained. We can't go over all the steps and definitions each time that we write a tutorial.
3.The pictures were broken because they are linked to Tumblr. I found them in UNs tumblr and restore them back here. It should be showing now.
If you have more questions post again.
Please do not PM me to help you with your creating problems. You can post in the Creators Help so everyone can see the problem and solution.
Thank you for restoring the pictures. It will help a lot. I wasn't trying to be ungrateful, I was only asking since multiple people seem to want the tutorial written more clearly. I am grateful to the OP of the tutorial but it isn't disrespectful to ask that the tutorial be updated.
Thank you also for your information on cut numbers. I have watched many tutorials but it never came up. This is more advanced stuff than I have tried yet. You gotta start somewhere.
If you are having problems seeing the CAPTCHA, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and ensure that you do not have any browser addons or extensions that interfere with the display of the CAPTCHA. Then, close the CAPTCHA window and click on the register button to open the CAPTCHA again.