Post by orangemittens on Dec 16, 2014 17:15:03 GMT -5
****Deprecated*** This tutorial was written when Studio could not add swatches for object.packages. Since Studio can do that now please download Studio (Joy) and add swatches rather than making multiple .packages and merging them onto a single catalog entry.
Currently it isn't possible to add swatches to an object recolor clone. This tutorial presents an easy workaround that will allow you to clone an item with few swatches but still enjoy a single catalog entry with many swatches. It involves cloning the item multiple times, creating different recolors for each of the clones, and then editing them using the Warehouse tab so that they all show up in the same catalog entry in the game.
This tutorial will not show you how to make a recolor. If you're interested in learning that please see my Create an Object Recolor tutorial (also posted in this forum).
What you will need:
Sims 4 Studio - version 220.127.116.11 (Alice Series) or above
A 2D editor
1. Create your first recolor and save it.
2. Create your second recolor and save it.
3. Click the Warehouse tab.
4. Click on the Object Catalog line.
5. On the right side, scroll down until you see the PrototypeID line. Copy the value you see in the box on that line.
6. Open the first .package, click the Warehouse tab, find the first Object Catalog line it has on the left, and paste the value you just copied into the same PrototypeID line on the right.
7. Now click the next Object Catalog line in this .package. Again find the PrototypeID line and paste the same value there. Repeat for each Object Catalog line in this .package.
**What you want to end up with is the same value in every Object Catalog - PrototypeID line for every .package you want in the same catalog entry**
8. When you have edited each Object Catalog line in the .package click Save.
Place both .packages into your Mods folder. In the game, even though your swatches are in two separate .packages, they will show up with a single catalog entry:
If you have questions please post them in this thread.