Post by orangemittens on Jan 16, 2015 17:32:03 GMT -5
This tutorial will show you how to make an EA debug item buyable and sellable. There is no guarantee it will work for all of the debug items because those items vary in quality quite a bit. But it does work for many of them.
What you will need
Sims 4 Studio
A 2D Editor
1. When you are on the first screen of Studio, the one where you first select the kind of project you want to make, hit Ctrl, Shift, and c on your keyboard all at the same
2. This will cause a popup box to appear. Type the word buydebug into the popup box.
3. Choose to make an object recolor as usual. When the thumbnail list comes up it will it contain all the debug items and other items that aren't even
visible in the game.
4. Once you've cloned the item click the Warehouse tab. Click the Object Catalog line.
5. Find The Unknown 3 line in the Common section and change that number to 80 as shown below.
If your object isn't showing up in the catalog - make sure you have given it an appropriate tag. Tags can be assigned in the Tag section of the Studio tab.
6. In order to make an item sellable it must have the TuningID of something which is sellable. Most things, if not all, that are in the catalog are sellable. What you will need to do is select an item that is like your item from the catalog and copy its tuning ID into the tuningID field of your object. To do so click the Warehouse tab, select the Object Definition line on the left, and enter the new tuningID on the right as shown. Copy the Tuning name in the line above that. Save.
Note: If your item has multiple swatches the edits discussed in steps 5 and 6 must be done for every single Object Catalog and Object Definition line in the .package. If you only make the changes for one of the Object Catalog and Object Definition lines then the changes will only affect a single swatch. For this reason it is best to follow this tutorial before you begin adding recolor swatches.
7. Return to the Studio tab. Change the price in the Catalog section. It should be greater than 0.
8. Make your recolor as usual and check it in the game.