This one was hard to find - a bunny rabbit - the page is in Japanese and I can't make out the name - perhaps courtesy you can help so I can credit him/her? Link here.
believe&become , thank you for tagging me! According to the text file included in the ZIP, the creators' names are Mami & Natsumi (マミ＆ナツミ). Their TOU says you can recolor/remesh/convert/... their items and you can include the mesh. Linking back to their site is not required but would be appreciated.
PS: I couldn't find a download link from the page you linked, I downloaded the item from here.
Last Edit: Dec 18, 2015 21:46:12 GMT -5 by courtesy
Great tutorial, thank you for posting (especially the cheat code!) + For people who want to do translations, here are the locale codes. (It's from the official forum but for those of us who hate having to log-in I'll just post it here. ) 0x00 : "ENG_US" 0x02 : "CHT_CN" 0x03 : "CZE_CZ" 0x04 : "DAN_DK" 0x05 : "DUT_NL" 0x06 : "FIN_FI" 0x07 : "FRE_FR" 0x08 : "GER_DE" 0x0b : "ITA_IT" 0x0c : "JPN_JP" 0x0d : "KOR_KR" 0x0e : "NOR_NO" 0x0f : "POL_PL" 0x11 : "POR_BR" 0x12 : "RUS_RU" 0x13 : "SPA_ES" 0x15 : "SWE_SE"
Hi EeicieSims , If you mean the Sim/family portrait thumbnail images, they're in the localthumbcache.package file in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder. Open it with Studio then you can Export the image files (with the green buttons).
fufu508 Oh, so that was what you meant! Now I'm glad I posted that Volunteer List idea thing. You got it right, I didn't do anything special. I posted it in the same way as you would post Latin Alphabet. (As a side note, you wouldn't need the (Kanji) part in Japanese - that's the name of the alphabet. 日本語 - This is in "Kanji", にほんご - this is in "Hiragana", and ニホンゴ - this is in "Katakana". All of the above represent "Nihongo", meaning "Japanese language".)
believe&become No worries, if you need any help on those languages please don't hesitate to contact me While I don't speak any Creoles and usually try to stick to the standard, I fully appreciate the linguistic and cultural diversity this planet has to offer -- I totally agree with you, it's cool to belong to this community
Everyone, I was wondering how members could help each other typing in languages other than English, epecially ones with double-byte characters, e.g. Asian. Perhaps Proboards already supports this, can be made to, or we could add an associated forum/messaging system pm that supports multi-lingual messaging? Perhaps our multilingual members have already solved this, here or elsewhere?
Since I was the first one to volunteer for Asian languages, I felt sort of obliged to reply to this post... then I realized that I don't really understand what you mean by helping people type double-byte characters. (And I'm not familiar with Proboards either.) I just use Windows language packs.
+ Just a thought on the Volunteer List, wouldn't it be better (and look cooler ) if the language names were in their own languages as well? (I think they're Nederlands, Français, Deutsch, 日本語, 한국어, Español and Svenska... not sure about Jamaican Patois. Is it just "Patois"?)
This is a tutorial I wrote on the weekend, to show you how to make an object emit an Emotional Aura when turned on. I am going to assume that you already know the basics of making a custom object with Sims 4 Studio. The example item is a plant pot deco object (Minimalist Unplant), which is a reward object I cloned and unlocked. I'm going to make it give me a +2 Flirty moodlet when turned on. (If you want to know how to unlock reward objects, THIS is the tutorial for you.)
You will need: Sims 4 Studio - I used Version 188.8.131.52 (Sugar) for this tutorial.
Instructions: 0. In this tutorial, I am not going to describe how to make an object .package file.
1. Open your object .package file with Sims 4 Studio, then click the Warehouse tab.
[Step 2~9] Adding the On/Off feature to the object
2. Select Object Definition. From the Data tab, copy the name of the Tuning.
3. Click Tools > Extract Tuning... from the menu bar. 4. Paste the name you copied in the search box. Click the exact match from the search result box, then click Add to current package.
5. Select the Object Tuning you just added from the Warehouse tab, and check the XML tab on the right-hand side. (Many object tunings will already have the lines I'm going to add, if that's the case you can skip to Step 10.)
6. Click Tools > Extract Tuning... from the menu bar. Type object_painting in the search box. Click the exact match from the search result box, then click Add to current package. (We're going to delete this object tuning afterwards.)
7. Select the Object Tuning you just added from the Warehouse tab, and check the XML tab on the right-hand side. Copy the lines, from line 55 to 67.
8. Select the Object Tuning of your object, then paste the lines you just copied between <L n="states"></L>. I am going to make this tuning an override, so I'm not going to change the tuning name. If you would rather use your own tuning name, please take a look at other tuning tutorials.
9. Delete the object_painting Object Tuning. Select the tuning, click delete, then click OK.
[Step 10~13] Adding the Emotional Aura to the object
10. Select Object Definition from the Warehouse tab, find the EnvironmentScoreEmotionTags line from the Data tab, then click Edit Items... button on the right.
11. Click Add. From the Tag drop-down menu, choose the mood you want to add. Some will work, and some will not. I chose Mood_Flirty. Click Save.
12. Find the EnvironmentScores line from the Data tab. Click Edit Items... button on the right.
13. Click Add. Insert a decimal value, then click Save.
The value you put in here will be different from the ones you see on the catalog. 375 will give you a +2 moodlet when turned on. The screenshot below is for technical reference only.
You can decide to finish your object at this point, it will work perfectly fine in your game. But if you want to make your catalog show your object's new Aura effect, you will have to change the catalog entry as well.
14. Select Object Catalog from the Warehouse tab, find the line named SellingPoints from the Data tab, then click Edit Items... button on the right. ※For Sims 4 Studio v.184.108.40.206 and up: look for ObjectTooltipTags instead.
15. Click Add. Since I chose Mood_Flirty, I will have to choose AmbienceFlirty to go with it. Insert a hexadecimal number for Amount. This is the number you will see on the catalog, and it will not affect the actual density of the aura. Click Save.
16. Save your .package file, then put the file in your Mods folder to check it in your game.
Cowplants will dance to stereo music in the vanilla game, I just changed it so that they will dance to instruments as well... which proved to be a little problematic. That question is a good one. Should they get a major hit on their relationship or something? I haven't killed anyone with Cowplants yet, so here comes experiment time.
This sounds like a great idea No Asian languages yet? I can read/write Japanese and Korean. My internet time is a little limited at the moment (with it being the holiday season and all), but I'd love to volunteer if any help is needed.
Thanks for the feedback, jellogalaxyegwarhammerMerry927 and thanks for the naming idea orangemittens it sounds really cute (and useful too, if you plan to have multiple Cowplant friends). I gave it a quick shot but the new name didn't show up properly, so there's something else I have to meddle with besides just making the naming option available.
And yes, I agree that the Cowplant is the most pet-like thing in the game at the moment and that is the reason why I started this project. It became my favorite of the franchise, from the moment I found out I could pet and play with this creature. I was not planning to release this anywhere because everybody just seemed to want their Cowplants more dangerous and more unfriendly... I guess I was totally wrong.
Thanks for offering, collaboration sounds great! I would really appreciate some help on this, it was going nowhere on my own. And I'm not quite sure how autonomy in this game works so I might seek some advice on that too.
What I have already done at the moment are these:
- Ability to make friendship so that it shows up on the relationship panel. Petting and Playing with the Cowplant will increase the relationship. - Depending on the relationship level, you will either get +1 or +2 Happy moodlet when you pet or play with the Cowplant. +2 moodlet will give you a small boost on Gardening skill. - If you have a high enough relationship, the cake will never kill you. (You will not get the drained moodlet.) - Cowplants will dance to someone playing an instrument nearby. (This part needs some clean-up)
Things I'm considering to add, or modify: - Some mean interactions that will lower the relationship. - If you have a low relationship with the Cowplant, the cake will always induce death.
Any idea is welcome! PS: I love Pikachu too, but my favorite is Absol -- I love things that are black and white. (and maybe a little dangerous.)
It's a personal project I'm working on -- low priority and nowhere near completion, but I would like to share it here when it's finished, if anyone's interested that is. Yes, I just read about the forum badges.
So even if you use a image or texture from google search you have to find the original site and credit them? I use texture from google search a lot.
All legal matters aside, I believe that giving proper credit to those who deserve it is the least we can do when we're utilising someone else's creation. And since you're using Google: there is a drop-down menu labeled "Usage Rights" in the Advanced Search option. You might want to try that.
All credit must be given to the creators, kookizz & Lerner in this case. They're violating the license if they're just mentioning the site. What they're doing is not that different from saying you got a pattern from Google. (At least in my point of view.)
I think you should go and read their ToS. I know they're lengthy but that's the safest way to go when using other people's works. I checked the site's terms, and it says under 3. User Content License Grant:
To Users: By posting any User Content on the Service, You grant by default to each User of the Service an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Creative Commons license. You may select a different license by visiting your account settings page. For additional information on Creative Commons licenses, please visit creativecommons.org/licenses.
Hi. Sounds like a cool idea. Is there any in-game interaction that lets you do that? Because if not, then you will probably have to start by coding the function yourself. That involves Python coding and XML coding. (There is a debug cheat interaction that maxes out the age progress(debug_MaxAge), but that was pretty much all I could find.)
If you are having problems seeing the CAPTCHA, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and ensure that you do not have any browser addons or extensions that interfere with the display of the CAPTCHA. Then, close the CAPTCHA window and click on the register button to open the CAPTCHA again.