I'm currently experiencing the issue where randomly generated Sims are missing their face textures when CC is disabled for random (only teeth and eyes show). However, I've tried removing my defaults, skin details, overlays, and skintones from the disallowed CC and the problem still persists. It seems whenever I have any CC disallowed at all, even those that to not affect the face texture, I still see the missing faces. Does anyone have any ideas?
Post by aalyahreed on May 22, 2023 21:06:51 GMT -5
I am adding CC to my newly folder-refreshed game & running everything through the S4S batch fixes. The last time that I did this was before the Werewolves pack came out, so I have a few questions about which batch fixes I actually need, based on my game & the CC content I'm adding. I'm trying to avoid making any mistakes going forward, as it has taken me this long to refresh/repair my game, find the cc I need, go through & organize it, and start batch fixing it. I've Googled these questions, but haven't found a definitive answer, so I am hoping someone here can help. Most of the directions I have found for S4S batch fixes make a blanket statement to run every single batch fix, even if you do not have the pack it corresponds to. However, those pages have not been updated for quite some time, and do not address the newer batch fixes that I am confused about.
I am fully patched (Game Version: 188.8.131.520) & using the most up-to-date Sims 4 Studio for Windows: 184.108.40.206)
I've run the batch fixes up until a certain point.
These are my questions:
1) Batch Fixes for Skintones or Makeup: I only have 1 piece of Halloween face paint cc makeup, and no cc skins. I assume I need to run a batch fix for the face paint makeup, but not the skins that I do not have, Is that correct?
2) Batch Fixes for Werewolves: I have this pack. I already ran "Disallow CC Shoes for Werewolves" as I remember seeing a lot of people posting images of their Weres in CAS wearing boots or high heels. However, I do not know if I need the other Werewolves batch fixes if I do not have color slider mods or alpha cc. Do I need "Update Hairs For Color Slider Compatibility" or "Update LRLE Images" or "Update Sliders" if I don't (to my knowledge) have color slider cc hairs, custom sliders, and definitely don't have anything alpha?
3) Batch Fixes for High School Years: I do not have this pack, nor do I plan on getting it*. But I am assuming I still need to run the "Fashion Tags For Error 532" batch fix, even if I don't have it, because I believe this is tied to the saving error / groundhog day that was affecting most players, even those that had not purchased HSY, is that correct?
EDIT: Apparently patch 220.127.116.110 is supposed to have fixed the issue that necessitated this batch fix. Can anyone confirm that?
*But I do know I will have to run the HSY Batch fix for all cc beds regardless.
4) Batch Fix for CC Facial Hair Growth: I assume I do not need to update facial hair for growth if I do not have custom facial hair or HSY, right?
5) Batch Fix for Infants: I don't have any custom eyes or custom defaults, so I don't need to run this, correct?
I'm sorry for asking so many questions. Since I can't find the answers, I figured I would pause my batch fixing until I hear back from other players, so that I do not do something by accident that causes a problem and causes me to have to start all over again.
Hi all. I've re-installed the newest version of Sims4Studio from scratch (used the installer download link) because I uninstalled Sims4Studio completely awhile ago. Do I need to redo all of previous batch fixes again since the old batch fix folder is no longer? I have not changed my sims4 folder since the uninstall/reinstall except for updating mods/cc. Tia
If you are having problems seeing the CAPTCHA, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and ensure that you do not have any browser addons or extensions that interfere with the display of the CAPTCHA. Then, close the CAPTCHA window and click on the register button to open the CAPTCHA again.