Post by mangerlecole on Jun 6, 2020 1:30:08 GMT -5
So when I heard about The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle, my first thought was "this is dumb; why would I want to worry about the environment while I'm trying to distract myself from the world's problems?" So I wasn't going to buy it. But then I read some reviews that said the expansion pack was actually pretty good, and there are some CAS and build/buy mode items that look cool.
So, before I buy it, here are my questions:
1. Does the environmental stuff only affect Evergreen Harbor, or will the other worlds be affected as well?
2. If the other worlds will be affected, is there a way to turn off the effects in the options menu? (I want to have at least some control over the environment, at least in worlds besides Evergreen Harbor, without having to worry about whether or not actions or objects are "eco friendly.")
3. If not, are there any mods/CC I can download so I can enjoy the good parts of the expansion pack without having to worry about the annoying stuff?
4. Overall, is the mod worth buying if you play The Sims 4 in more of a sandbox mode (as opposed to the way you're "supposed" to play it)?
UPDATE: I bought the game yesterday and I like it a lot more than I thought I would!
Post by mysticmodder on Jun 6, 2020 4:14:15 GMT -5
1 no environmental stuff effects all worlds
2 Not sure sorry
3 Not sure sorry
4 if you like the whole rummaging through trash and turning what you find into recycled furniture, or having a kind of community space that changes based on votes, or having the ability to drastically change how a neighborhood operates, then you might find some enjoyment in the pack, a few words of warning however the community space was not added to all worlds, you can change lots into a community space but you need one for each world district, leaving you with little in the way of lots to fill, I play in sanmyshuno and to have a community space you would have to give up one build able space per world district so not enough room for restaurants, spas, vet clinics, nightclubs ect and now we have community spaces as well.
Some positives I found are neighborhood action plans might be fun if you play in a world that has spare lots, and some of the new build buy items have a really nice modern appeal, however some of the new stuff looks like trash.
All in all I couldn't have been more disappointed imo wait for it to be on sale or just don't buy it if your not compulsive like me and buy every stuff pack and expansion.
1. Environmental stuff affects all worlds except for those you travel to for vacation 2. It can be turned off (Under game options, there is an Eco Lifestyle tab and the 2nd box is for disabling NAPs (Neighborhood Action Plans) and objects no longer affect environment.
Overall, I really like it myself, for just the building stuff alone. The windows, doors and some of the objects you can buy are pretty neat as well as the CAS items. But I do think that it might be more worth it to wait for it to come out on sale though.
If you are having problems seeing the CAPTCHA, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and ensure that you do not have any browser addons or extensions that interfere with the display of the CAPTCHA. Then, close the CAPTCHA window and click on the register button to open the CAPTCHA again.