Post by SimulatedStyles on Oct 14, 2020 15:20:05 GMT -5
I'm running into a little issue in creating this late 1820's gown. Here's the problem: when zooming out and allowing lower LODs to start kicking in, the sim's arms stick out to the side. Here's a video of what I'm talking about: Arm Glitch (please ignore those few vertices that seem to be exploding - I've since fixed those!)
Typically, I know this issue occurs when cut numbers for mesh groups don't match up with the cloned item. However, because the sleeves of this dress are transparent, I've created a new cut for these (as per this tut: How To Add Transparency To Clothing). Because of this, there is no mesh group with this cut number in the original clone to match up to. So I'm not sure what to do here! The other thing that has me stumped is that this issue occurs solely on LOD2 and none of the other LODs. I've double and triple checked the cut numbers for all mesh groups in all 4 LODs against those of the original cloned mesh (the concerto dress) - and everything is matching up fine!
So the mesh group for the transparent sleeves being hidden in Blender is not the answer unfortunately. I only hid that mesh group after trying to figure out what could be wrong (after LOD2 had already been imported). Just to be sure, I just unhid that mesh group, re-saved, re-imported LOD2, and I'm still getting the same exact issue in-game.
Otherwise, thanks for that note on the base entry in the region map, as that is not what the tutorial I linked states to do. Nonetheless, I deleted that extra region map entry, and moved all those groups to the OG base entry. This doesn't fix the issue either unfortunately.
Any other insights on what might be causing the issue?
(re: custom skins - unfortch this isn't my primary concern atm)
I see that your LOD 1 particularly s4studio_mesh_2 (GEOM 003) contains b__ROOT_bind__ bone. It is not present in the original dress in GEOM 0003 that you clone (in LOD 1). Extra bones will cause glitching similar to the one that is in your video. Just delete b__ROOT_bind__ vertex group from your LOD 1 and see if it solves the problem for you. Also, delete the same vertex group from all other geoms.
Other than that I don't see any issues with the mesh.
Please don't DM me here or elsewhere asking for assistance with Ninjaripper or CC. I don't work in Ninjaripper anymore. Please post your questions in Creator Help thread so everyone can chime in and help solving the problem
So the b__ROOT__bind__ bone was added by me to LODs 1 2 and 3 after this issue first occurred. LOD1-LOD3 of the concerto dress that I cloned does have this bone! My original mesh did not use this bone, as I only had compared LOD0s of my mesh and the concerto clone, and then created my lower LODs from there. However, when this arm glitch first happened, I decided to check vertex groups of every LOD against the clone LODs and added the b__ROOT_bind___ bone thinking that not having it was what was causing the issue.
Nonetheless, I just went through blender, deleted all instances of this bone, and reuploaded to s4studio. But alas, same problem!
Could you check this file in your game? It works fine in mine. If it works in yours too, there must have been something wrong with the package itself, i just cloned a different dress and the problem disappeared
Last Edit: Oct 15, 2020 17:01:23 GMT -5 by mauvemorn
Hi!! I just tried your package file, and that one worked!! So did you do something different or change anything? Or are we just chalking it up to a corrupted original package file??
edit: okay. so I just tried to create a fresh brand-new package file and re-imported everything from scratch. And for whatever reason, I still get the issue on the new package. I HAVE to be doing something wrong or missing something. So what did you do?! lol
But did you clone a different dress? What i did was just export all lods, remove unused vertex groups just in case, then clone a different dress, Tools - Tuning (or modding? The last option) - Embed externally referenced resources, cloned the last meshgroup of every lod, changed their last digits, added them in Region map, then in LODs, then imported the blends I think there might be something with the dress you cloned initially, maybe meshgroups are in the different order somewhere in Region Map or LODs and we are copying the wrongs one and changing its last digit, so there's an entry with the number that leads to no meshgroups or something like this. I tried checking this but my brain got deep-fried instantly from those numbers
If you are having problems seeing the CAPTCHA, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and ensure that you do not have any browser addons or extensions that interfere with the display of the CAPTCHA. Then, close the CAPTCHA window and click on the register button to open the CAPTCHA again.