Post by ziachisims on Oct 17, 2020 16:57:04 GMT -5
So, I've been following this tutorial and I'm currently at step 32 but I'm completely stuck. I use GIMP and have googled around for answers for about an hour or so without finding anything that helps. I know for a fact it's not possible to "copy x channel to y channel" though. I tried the color>components>decompose and color>components>compose commands without success. The "recompose" option is greyed out. Can anyone help me?
To convert a regular normal map to a Sims normal map, the Green channel becomes the alpha channel, and the Red becomes the RED, GREEN, and BLUE channels. Paint.NET doesn't look like it has the feature to edit the channels separately. I'm looking in GIMP (another free program) if this is possible, and so far I'm not seeing if it's possible either. Keep you posted.
If you're willing to download and use GIMP.
1. Open image in GIMP and select Colors>Components>Decompose
2. Select RGBA
3. On the Layers menu at the bottom right, right click the green channel and select "Duplicate Layer"
4. Left click and drag the duplicate layer down so it's above the alpha channel. Then right click the duplicate layer and select "Merge Down".
5. Repeat this for the red layer twice, merging once over green, and second over blue.
6. Once finished, go to Colors>Components>Compose, and select the RGBA in the popup.
7. Image can now be exported as a .png
Last Edit: Oct 18, 2020 10:01:46 GMT -5 by simguy80
If you are having problems seeing the CAPTCHA, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and ensure that you do not have any browser addons or extensions that interfere with the display of the CAPTCHA. Then, close the CAPTCHA window and click on the register button to open the CAPTCHA again.