Post by andrew on Dec 24, 2017 3:17:12 GMT -5
This tutorial will show how to turn a posed sim into a buy-able object. This tutorial assumes that you know how to create a new object and import a mesh. If you do not know how to do this yet, please read this tutorial
.What you will need
Sims 4 Studio for Mac or Windows
A pose pack (if you do not have one or need to learn how to make your own, please see this tutorial
First, open the pose pack and export the animation as a .blend file. Open the .blend file that you saved.
1. Make the meshes selectable by clicking the cursor icon by each mesh.
2. Select all of the mesh groups of the sim and press Ctrl + J to join them into one group.
3. Select the modifiers tab and click "Apply" on the armature modifier. This freezes the mesh into the pose
4. Select the Data tab and remove the vertex groups.
5. From here, you can import your .blend as if it were any other mesh into an object .package. If you are unsure how to do this, please read this tutorial
If the object you cloned has a shadow like the one I used above, you may want to fix the shadow so that it doesn't look so awful. See this tutorial
for information on how to fix any type of object shadow.