Installing and running Sims 4 Studio Jul 26, 2015 11:29:23 GMT -5 midnightpearl, joanlesley, and 252 more like this
Post by orangemittens on Jul 26, 2015 11:29:23 GMT -5
Download instructions for Sims 4 Studio are HERE
In this post you will find basic instructions for installing Sims 4 Studio, available in two editions, Windows and Mac.
After you have it up and running , see the links at the bottom of this post to get started using Sims 4 Studio!
Sims 4 Studio for Windows
The Windows version comes in two forms: Installer and Zip (standalone).
Installer Version - Download the installer version and follow the Wizard instructions.
Zip Version - Download the .zip and extract the entire contents of the .zip into a folder. Open the folder and double click the S4Studio.exe. Studio will then open.
Note: you may only see S4Studio instead of S4Studio.exe depending on your settings in Windows.
Sims 4 Studio for Mac
The Mac version is available as a .pkg file. More details are available on the download page for the Mac version.
If you are trying to install the application on your Mac but receive a message that says it can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer: when running the installer, press Ctrl and click the App icon and choose open. According to Apple, Inc., this should add Studio as an exception to your security settings and you shouldn't have any problems opening it with a standard click.
More installation information:
- See the post below if you're using Norton AV or Avast and running into problems.
- See the post below if you're on a Mac and are having trouble getting Studio and Blender to work together.
- If you still have problems with installing or getting Sims 4 Studio to start, please re-check the information and instructions provided on the S4S download page for Windows or Mac, and review the information at the links below for help.
Further help, including how to get started with Sims 4 Studio's features:
- Online Manual (read-only)
- Tutorials (this forum section includes the online manual)
- Creator Help
- Error Reporting and Wish List (read-only for new members)
Note: To post in the Error Report and Wish List forums you'll need a Creator Studio or to have made at least 50 posts.
The read-only protection for these two forums is in place to 1) prevent poor quality posts and noise (from bots for example) from overwhelming these areas, and to 2) ensure members take the time to become informed by reading the information at the links above and posting on other forums here, such as Welcome (community), General Chat, and Creator Help forums.