Post by orangemittens on Aug 9, 2015 18:34:11 GMT -5
The Creator Studios at Studio Forums are a place for creators to post uploads to share with the Sims 4 Community. You can use your Studio to just post one or two special things you'd like to share here or you can use your Studio as your online "home base" where you post all your content.
Due to financial and logistical issues Studio forums is not able to host .package files or image files at this time. This should not deter anyone from posting their items online to share though. There are many free, safe, and easy ways to share your content online. Studio forums recommends One Drive for storing .package files because it is large and free.
Our hope is that creators will come together here to showcase some of their favorite things or move on in and call the place home. In the future, if there is interest and the team can swing it, this may be expanded/improved/or moved to a web site rather than a forum venue. In the meantime we hope that creators will take this opportunity to take their place in the most dynamic, vibrant, and engaging Sims 4 community currently online.
If you're a Sims 4 creator Studio Forums is the place to find the best custom content creation tool, the most comprehensive tutorials showing how to create for Sims 4, and the most friendly and responsive help with Sims 4 projects. If you would like to take a more active role in supporting and expanding the amazing Studio community we've all built here this is the place and now is the time.
Before opening a Creator Studio please take a moment to read the rules below. These rules may change over time but new rules will not be applied retroactively.
The Rules for the Creator Studio Section
1. One Studio per creator. If you have your own Studio and also make collaboration projects under a different name the collaboration team may also have a Studio. Please do not make a new collaboration name for every item a collaboration team makes. Please do not name your Studio with a name that impersonates some other creator.
2. Each Studio must contain download links rather than links to other sites. Studio Forums has a links section for those who wish to share their links to other sites. This section is for downloads. Links that go to other sites or that are hotlinks from other sites will be removed.
3. Each download must provide a link for people to download with their ad-blocker in place. It's fine to share a second link and request downloaders to choose the ad-blocker link. Your shared item should not require a person to make changes on their computer to be able to download without having to first view an ad. (change 7/8/2018).
4. Each post in a Creator Studio should be for an item that you're sharing. Each item you share should be posted in its own post. Please don't just keep adding new items to a single post.
5. Your download should be an item you made using Sims 4 Studio. While Studio forums appreciates the work of creators regardless of what tool they make it with the Creator Studios are a place to showcase what you've made using Sims 4 Studio. Please do not post the work of other creators in your Studio and do not post items based on the work of another creator that violate that creator's TOU.
6. If you're sharing an EA mesh cloned from an expansion pack, stuff pack, or game pack that item should not be made compatible with the base game or any other pack but the one it was cloned from. This is to say that it should require the pack that you cloned it from to be installed in order to show up in the game. Any item cloned using Sims 4 Studio will have this feature automatically so you will not need to do anything special to make it so items cloned from packs will require that pack to be installed in order to show up.
7. If you are sharing an item that contains a combination of mesh parts from the base game and separate pack content, the item should have the pack requirement. If you are sharing an item that contains mesh parts from several different packs, the item should have a requirement for the largest pack that mesh parts were taken from unless a very special feature of a mesh from a smaller pack was tacked onto a more general appearing portion of a mesh from a larger pack. In that case, the requirement should be for the pack that this special recognizable mesh part was taken from. The spirit of this rule is that special mesh parts from non-base game packs should require the pack they are from to work in the game. As an example, it is not correct to take all the unique pony-tails, bangs, and hair accessories from stuff and game pack hairs and tack them onto a generic-appearing expansion pack scalp and tag the resulting hair packages with the expansion pack requirement.
If EA mesh parts are included in the item, the package is a modified EA mesh and subject to this rule, regardless of tweaks made to the EA portion of the final mesh. Please see below for the requirement for specific combinations of mesh parts:
Base game + stuff pack mesh parts = stuff pack requirement
Base game + game pack mesh parts = game pack requirement
Base game + expansion pack mesh parts = expansion pack requirement
Game pack + stuff pack mesh parts = game pack requirement
Expansion pack + stuff pack mesh parts = expansion pack requirement
Game pack + expansion pack mesh parts = expansion pack requirement
Stuff pack + game pack + expansion pack mesh parts = expansion pack requirement
If the item contains content from multiple stuff packs, multiple game packs, or multiple expansion packs, the pack requirement given should reflect whichever pack the majority of material or the most recognizable material came from.
If you run into questions about this rule in relation to an item you are planning to upload here, please feel free to PM a staff member about it. Also, please note, Sims 4 Studio (188.8.131.52 and above) contains a handy feature that allows you to assign a game pack requirement very easily. Find that in the Tools/Modding section. The name of the feature is "Add DLC Pack Requirement."
8. The download should be a finished item ready for sharing. Please do not use the Creator Studio section for works in progress or to ask for help with a project. The creator help and the creator feedback sections are the right place for this.
9. Comments on the work that others share are welcome. These comments should be constructive...be nice even if you're letting the creator know there is a problem.
10. Please include a TOU. It's fine to post your TOU once with your banner post. It's also fine to have a different TOU for different items. But please, make things easier for everyone by covering every upload with a TOU.
11. If you are using a service like Ad-fly on your links please be courteous and state this in your post. If you would like to offer multiple links to your item you can include any link past the first link in the body of your post in the same way that links are made elsewhere at Studio forums. If you're sharing a recolor that requires a mesh please include a link where the original mesh can be downloaded. That link can be put into the body of your post the same way you put links in your regular forum posts.
12. No "adult" custom content should be presented in a Creator Studio. All links should be to a functional .package and the content of the .package should be clearly displayed in at least one in-game picture.
13. It's fine to include text in a language other than English in your post. If you do include text that is not English, please also provide an English translation (using Google translate or a similar application is completely fine). Your English translation does not have to be perfect, but please provide one (8/12/2018).
In an effort to keep this section functioning well for everyone Studio staff reserves the right to edit or remove any post or Studio that violates these rules.
If you have questions about these rules and how they apply to a specific item you would like to upload please feel free to PM me about it.
How to get started
If you're interested in having your own Creator Studio go back to the page listing existing Creator Studios and click the Create A Studio button to the right within the list's blue header. Your first post will include a section at the top called My Studio and right below that will be the Add Creation section.
My Studio section:
3. The banner you upload for your Studio will be at the top of each new page of posts that you make.
Add Creation section:
1. Add the link to the picture you want at the top of your post. You can add other pictures in the body of your post but the image you link in the URL box will be placed at the very top.
2. Only you can make a post in your Creator Studio. Other members can "like" your post and they can make comments at the bottom of the post in the comments box. Creators are free to delete comments that they don't want. If you would prefer to not receive comments on this post at all you can turn the comment feature off in the My Studio section. This will still allow people to "like" your posts but they will not be able to make comments in them. You can decide to allow or disallow comments on a per-post basis.
3. Add your download link. This link should allow the person clicking the Download button to get the item. This link should not take the person clicking Download to another site where they have to click another Download button to get the item. If you want to share links to some other site the Creator Studio section is not the place...use the Custom Content links section instead.
4. Add your tags in the format #tag with no space between the # and the tag you want to use. You can add as many or as few tags as you like. If you don't want any tags that's fine too. The tag system in the Creator Studio section will make your tag into a hyperlink. If someone clicks on that tag they will get a list of all posts where the same tag was used. The tag system also works with the forum search system and a Tag field has been added to the search box. Anyone typing the #tag you used into that box will get a list of all posts tagged with that tag.
5. The large box below all these other fields is where you can add text and any other pictures you want to add. The download link will be added automatically so you don't need to enter that in again. This box acts just as the post box in the forum acts so you can format, edit, add pictures and links, and use font colors/sizes/etc. just as you do in the forum.
6. Once your post is all set how you want it hit the Add Creation button at the bottom and your post will be made. You can edit it if necessary.
7. To add a second creation just click the Add Creation button in the right corner just underneath your banner. This will bring up the same Add Creation box you filled out for the first post. You will not see the My Studio section. If you need to make changes to that you need to click the Edit button in your first post.
This example illustrates the information you need for each post and where to fill it in: