Post by andrew on Aug 23, 2015 9:38:28 GMT -5
This tutorial will show you how to use the Pose Player mod.
What you will need
The Sims 4 game
You will need to make sure that script mods are enabled for your game. You can do that from your in-game settings.
1. Download the Pose Player mod and extract the two files inside the .zip. Place both files into your Sims 4 Mods folder as shown below. You can also put custom poses into your Mods folder if you would like them to be played in the game.
2. Start the game up and click on your Sim as you usually would when you want to tell them to do something. You will notice a new choice appears in the menu of actions. Select Pose By Name.
Note: the sim must be standing or they will not pose with the animation you choose.
3. You need to enter a clip name into the box that pops up. There is a list of all the EA clips posted in the same download as the Pose Player itself. You can highlight a clip name on the list, copy it, and paste it into the pop up box in the game.
4. This is what the box will look like. Once you've entered a clip (pose) name click the check button.
5. Your Sim will start performing the pose.
6. If you want you can click on any other Sim, even Sims that aren't the active Sim, and tell them to pose too. They can perform a different pose than the active Sim is performing or they can perform the same one.
7. When you want the Sim to stop performing a pose click them again and select Stop Posing from the menu.
8. If you want your Sim to perform a custom default override pose you need to type in the name of whichever EA pose the custom pose overwrites.
Here is a list of the CAS trait animations for playing custom poses that you have downloaded for CAS:
Picture credits: UntraditionalNerd for the Minotaur character. OM for the screenshots.