Post by SimtoWreck on Jan 31, 2015 21:54:11 GMT -5
Sims 4 Studio recently introduced Terrain Paints into the Flora beta. With this, we can now create terrain paints for The Sims 4. This tutorial will show how to work with making a terrain paint and assumes you have basic knowledge of a 2D editor.
Sims 4 Studio 188.8.131.52 Flora Beta or Higher
2D Editor - Photoshop, Paint.net, and GIMP are popular choices.
1. Open up S4S. 2. Make sure Terrain is Ticked and click the Build button.
3. Next you're going to select a terrain paint. I chose "Desert Blooms" for this tutorial. Make sure to save your project in a folder
4. Name your Terrain and give it a description and price (for reference EA's are free). 5. From here you can export your diffuse, normal map and specular if applicable (some terrains don't have normal maps or speculars). Alternatively, if you have your textures and such done, you can import them in to see how they will look.
Note: EA's terrain images are 512x512 by default.
6. You'll also want to make and import a thumbnail. If you want, go ahead and use your diffuse image.
7. Once you're done click the Save button and check your new terrain paint in the game.
im having the same problem. i made at least 80 files before checking them each in the game... only one shows up. removed all my mods and just put in the custom stuff i made... only one in each area shows up. i made some flooring too and a roof set (thank god i made swatches) but only one shows up.....
If you are having problems seeing the CAPTCHA, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and ensure that you do not have any browser addons or extensions that interfere with the display of the CAPTCHA. Then, close the CAPTCHA window and click on the register button to open the CAPTCHA again.