Post by andrew on Dec 30, 2014 16:51:25 GMT -5
This tutorial will show you how to:
1. Change the tuning of one object so that it has the tuning of another object. This will essentially tell the game it should function like whatever it is you have changed its tuning to copy.
For this tutorial the example will make one bed take on all the attributes of another.
2. Change the object's catalog entry so that it correctly reflects the object's new object tooltip tags. Note that changing the catalog entry does nothing except change what the catalog says.
It will not actually affect the way the bed functions or affects the Sim. Only the tuning part of this tutorial will change how the bed functions or affects a Sim.
This tutorial assumes you already know how to make an object recolor using Sims 4 Studio.
What you will need
Sims 4 Studio
You will open two instances of Sims 4 Studio at the same time. The first instance of Studio will be used to create a recolor of the Princess Cordelia's Galleon bed. This bed has excellent scores. You will use the other instance of Studio to create a recolor of the Soothing Sleeper Double bed. This bed has middling scores. You will then copy the Tuning and TuningID fields of the Princess bed into the corresponding fields of the Soothing bed. Following that you will copy the ObjectTooltipTag fields of the Princess bed into the corresponding fields of the Soothing bed.
Change the ObjectTooltipTags
1. Open Studio, choose Object, and click the Create Recolor button. Type bed into the search bar on the thumbnail list page and click on the Princess Cordelia bed.
2. Click next.
**Open a second instance of Studio and repeat but select the Soothing Sleeper bed. Click Next. You should now have two instances of Studio open each with a different bed showing**
3. Click the Warehouse tab for the Princess bed and for the Soothing bed. You should now have two instances of Studio each with the Warehouse page open for one of the two beds.
4. Click the first Object Definition line for the Princess bed. Scroll down until you see the fields for Tuning and TuningID. Repeat this step for the Soothing bed.
5. When you see both fields for both beds copy the Tuning of the Princess bed and paste it so that it replaces what is written in the Tuning line of the Soothing bed.
Copy the number in the TuningID field of the Princess bed and paste that into the TuningID field of the Soothing bed so it replaces the number that is there.
**Repeat for each Object Definition line in the Soothing bed. You can use the same Tuning name and Tuning ID number for all of them**
Change the Catalog Entry
6. Click the Object Catalog line for the Princess bed.
7. Scroll down until you see the ObjectTooltipTags field. Click the Edit Items button there. Repeat for the Soothing bed.
8. A window will pop up that allows you to see and edit the object tooltip tags. You will see that it has three object tooltip tags in the list on the left. Repeat for the Soothing bed.
9. Copy the value and localized string tag for the first object tooltip tag line from the Princess Cordelia bed and change each of these to match for the Soothing bed. Repeat for the other two
object tooltip tags.
10. Click OK. Repeat for each Object Catalog line in the Soothing bed. The three object tooltip tags should be the same for them all.
11. Once all the fields are changed in the Soothing bed you can click the Studio tab to return to the model viewer page and continue recoloring it. Click File and Exit on the Princess Cordelia
bed because you don't need that anymore.